Monday 28 May 2012

Music is the best


Through Facebook conversations, or chats in the *gasp* real world, I've noticed that some people are... more than a little suspicious of my claims of over 400 albums on CD, So I've kindly provided a photograph. Here's a little breakdown

Top shelf is all Frank Zappa, about 2/3 of his total output. I'm slowly getting there. Of note is the 4-disk version of MOFO, an audio-documentary describing how Freak Out! was made. A Must have for any Zappaologist.

Second shelf contrains Beefheart, Waits and assorted psyche/prog. Item of note is a misspressing of Wyatt, Atzmon,Stephen's album, were instead it has a triphop album inside.
Third shelf is mostly zhuel, spacerock and japanoise also with some psyche. Worth mentioning are the Daevid Allen Bannanamoon Obscura series of albums, I have a couple of them, each limited to around 2500 each.
Then we have a misc shelf. Everything from Krautrock to David Bowie to Nick Drake to Steve Vai.
Fith is Joe Satriani and then Jazz/fusion. The Miles Davis session boxsets are more than worth their weight in gold. Get them now!
Sixth is my TEENAGE METAL SHELF including like most of Iron Maiden and Judas Priest's albums.
Seventh is misc rock/whatever. Funk, Ska, Psyche, electropop, Orson Welles' reading of War Of The World.
So, that's a lot of reviews worth of music!!
Also I am building up quite a nice record collection, so maybe photo of that in the future??

P.S. Yeah, this was a 'look at me showing off how much I have' kinda post, but y'know. Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment